Saturday 16 February 2013

FRIENDS.

The Fellowship of The Ring is a good example portraying the importance of friendship.
True friendship can overcome any obstacle in life. 


Every single one of us needs a friend. We humans are social beings. We are made to socialize. If you do not have a friend, not even a single one, then I supposed it is time to make one. People who are depressed and sad probably do not have many friends.  Friends are important as they can help you persevere through tough times. Therefore, try and make as many friends as you can. More importantly try to make real friends. Real friends are friends that will stick with you through thick and thin. However, real friends are hard to find. You need to be careful with who you are making friends with. Make sure they do not bring in bad influences. If you make the right friends, you will find that the world is a way better place to live in. But if you meet the wrong type of friends, it could spell disaster. Some people don’t consider friends important. But I do. I know that friends play an important role in shaping our lives. They can motivate you and guide you to success or they could spoil you thus bringing you down. Most of the time, friends are a blessing. But sometimes, they can be like a curse. That is why it is important that you make the right kind of friends. You need someone to be there for you, to catch you when you fall, to cry with you when you are sad, to laugh with you when you are happy, or to take care of you when you are sick.  

Is it important to make friends? well duhhhh!! The answer is Yes! If you don’t, you will travel a lonely road. It’s like being the last human survivor in a zombie apocalypse and that ain’t good. Unless you want to be that last human survivor then you have every right not to make any friends.  Like any zombie apocalypse, the more human counterparts you have, the higher chances of survivability. Going alone against an army of zombies is just ridiculous. You won’t stand a chance. It is the same with life. You need friends, or you will have difficulties living your life. People have problems. I have problems. You have problems. ohhh!! that's right :) even Animals have problems (Malaysians will get this joke).  We cannot run away from problems. The only people without problems are the dead. We need help with our problems, and friends can help us. You should definitely start counting your friends, rather than counting your money. Look, even super heroes need friends. Take the Avengers for example. We have Ironman, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow teaming up together to battle evil forces. If you are not a fan of the Avengers, take the Justice League as a good example, we have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, The Green Lantern and many more working together as a team to preserve world peace. Most importantly they developed strong friendship ties. Now how cool is that. You too can become just like those superheroes, teaming up with your friends to fight problems together.  You will then realize that this world is not that bad as you think it is, once you have friends :) 

I can say that I am pretty lucky because I have a lot of friends. I cannot imagine a world without friends. I might get lonely, depressed and bored. I will have no one to hang out with and no one to share my problems with.  But thank God, I have friends, and my friends have me. So whenever I am feeling down, or I need help, my friends are there to aid me. And when my friends need help, I will try to make myself available and try to help them with their problems. Friends are special people. I feel blessed as I have friends from several different countries. That makes life even more interesting as you can learn new things from them. You get to learn about their culture, their country and their lifestyle. It’s interesting. You should always have the urge to make new friends every time. I make new friends all the time. You’ll never know how much they could mean to you.

I think it is better that you count your friends rather than counting your wealth. Money doesn’t usually last, but friendship does. Some of the best moments in life are the moments you share with your friends. They make you laugh. They make you do crazy things. They make you do fun things together. When was the last time you had such wonderful time with your friends? Can you remember those wonderful moments? If you often have friends to hang out with, then you are on the right track. But if you have no one to hang out with, then you better start making friends or risk living a lonely, sad and boring life. Remember, if you want a good and exciting life, you must have friends. No human being is an island. We all need friends. Even if you only have one friend, it is still be better than none. Now what are you waiting for? Go give your friends a call, ask them out for a drink, movie, or something. Cheers. 


-Ian V. 


2 comments: