Sunday 9 June 2013

There is hope! Even if you are suffering from ANXIETY Disorder.


I saw a post from a page i liked on Facebook. It's an anxiety page, for people with anxiety disorders. Cause apparently i have it. So there is this post asking for opinions relating a certain drug, an antidepressant, whether it's effective or not. Well, i left a comment saying they DONT NEED it. Cause I was on it, and I'm now off it. I wanna let them know that they too can do the same. They just need to rely on their heart and have a stronger mind. Of course it is easier said then done, but with the right kind of support, it can work. It's worth a shot. I can manage my anxiety without meds for about 5 years now. A handful of people agreed with my comments, but some of them think I am being ridiculous and ignorant. But in all honesty i was trying to help them. They say I don't understand and they need meds to survive. I know everyone is different, i'm not saying they shouldn't take meds, I'm just saying that there is an alternative. How can i be ignorant when i myself have experienced all those horrible symptoms. I've been there myself, in the darkness. The only difference is, i forced myself to stop meds because i didn't want to rely on it FOREVER. I forced myself to become stronger. It was really difficult. Quitting meds cold turkey was a horrible experience, but i succeeded. Until today, i still suffer from it, but the difference is I understand it now, and i learned how to have control over it. Sometimes i struggle, but i never gave up. I don't really feel normal anymore, but I am trying to get back to my normal self. At least I am putting in a fight! Anxiety disorder is a sickness of the mind. Not the brain, but the mind. Unless you have brain cancer or damage to the brain then definitely meds are required. But if you are not born with it, and your mind developed it, you can certainly overcome it. Cause what comes from the mind, can be overcome with the mind. It's sad when they say I don't understand, that I am ridiculous. I just want them to get their life back. I want the best for them. Well, it's their choice. If they wanna be on meds forever then that's their choice. I wish them well. But for me, I tell my anxiety, BITCH! Get out of here. this is my body, my mind, and there can only be one boss in here, ME. So yeah i still have it now, I am still able to do the things i love, but sometimes, i struggle with certain things. However, it has made me a stronger person, a whole lot wiser too. But to be honest, what made me cope with it is my family, my friends and God. The power of LOVE. If you have that, then it would be so so much easier. Some say they've tried going on without meds and failed. Well, if you don't have the right support, enough love, It won't work either. If you want to battle anxiety without meds, make sure your mind is ready to fight till the end. And most importantly the right support from the right people. Last but not least, LOVE. If you are suffering from anxiety, I pray that you find a way to overcome it. Good Luck and never give up!





No comments:

Post a Comment